To celebrate the beauty of our country and raise awareness of our most precious resource, we’re inviting everyone in Southern Africa to enter our ‘Beauty of Water’ competition. SA’s landscapes and landscape photographers always take 2nd seat to our incredible wildlife, but we’re making an effort to change that. This is SA’s first major dedicated landscape photography competition.
Thanks to the generous folks over at NISI Filters, we have R34000 worth of NISI Filters equipment as prizes.
1st Prize – NISI Filters 100mm Advance Kit (Value – R12 995.00)
2nd Prize – NISI Filters 100mm Starter Kit (Value – R8 995.00)
3rd Prize – NISI Filters V5 Pro Kit + Any 100mm Filter (Value – R5 995.00)
Most Liked Photo – NISI Filters V5 Pro Kit + Any 100mm Filter (Value – R5 995.00)
In plight of the ongoing drought, we’ve decided to focus on a water theme. It can be a photo of a waterfall, dam, river or the ocean. It doesn’t have to include water in a literal sense – it can be of snowcapped mountains, a rain cloud or it can be the result of water – beautiful green mountains or a lush indigenous forest. We’re looking for stunning landscape photos with some element of water in it.
Very Important – We want fresh work, so the image may not be taken before 1 December 2017. The holidays are around the corner and everyone will be travelling and taking time off. We want to motivate people to go out and shoot as much as they can this festive season.
The competition will be judged by myself (Hougaard Malan) and one of S.A’s very best landscape photographers – Paul Bruins. Images will be judged on the following five criteria for a score out of 100.
- Focus on Water
- Entries open – 1 December 2017
- Entries close – 31 January 2018
- Announcement of Top 50 Images – 6 February 2018
- Announcement of Winners – 13 February 2018
How to Enter
- Post your Image to the NISI SA Facebook page with the title ‘Competition Entry’.
- Share your entry to your own timeline with the title ‘my entry for the NISI Filters competition’.
- Like the NISI SA fb page
- Subscribe to the www.landscapegear.co.za newsletter (bottom right, anywhere on the site)
Please note that if you do not do all 4 these things, your entry will not be valid.
- Images must be of a landscape
- Only one entry per person. You can delete your entry and post a new one.
- No images taken before 1 December – we want fresh work!
- No Composites
- No unethical photoshop like flipping images or stretching peaks.
- Cloning of minor distractions like rocks/grass is acceptable.
- Finalists will be asked to provide RAW files.
- All photos have to be taken within a SADC country
- Competition is only open to residents of SADC countires
If you have any questions, please get in touch on email@example.com